Matt Stephens gives you 5 mistakes to avoid when riding downhill.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/fy
Let us know your mistakes to avoid when descending in the comments below 👇
A grand tour rider, former national champion and Olympian, Ex-Professional cyclist Matt Stephens certainly knows plenty about descending.
Here are 5 mistakes you should avoid to have better, faster and safer descending.
– Looking Down – Look upwards and forwards, at the road ahead. You need to be aware of what is coming up so that you can prepare for it.
– Braking Hard – Braking correctly allows you to control the bike better, of particular importance when cornering.
– Taking Hands Off The Bars – You will not be stable and you are vulnerable to any outside influences such as sudden gusts of wind, animals, etc.
– Riding Too Close – Don’t ride to close to riders in front, especially on technical or very fast descents. This will allow you to take action if needed.
– Taking The Racing Line – Cutting corners is a big no no! It is VERY dangerous. Stick to your side of the road when riding through a blind bend.
If you’d like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here’s the link 👍 http://gcn.eu/fz
Watch more on GCN…
Cycling Descending Made Easy | GCN Cycling Tips 📹 http://gcn.eu/7j
How To Descend Faster | GCN’s Pro Cycling Tips 📹 http://gcn.eu/1RNgvXj
Light Years – Bustin’ Loose
Photos: © Bettiniphoto / http://www.bettiniphoto.net/ & ©Tim De Waele / http://www.tdwsport.com
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D’Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube’s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia:http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi’zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
YouTube Channel – http://gcn.eu/gcnYT
Facebook – http://gcn.eu/gcnFb
Google+ – http://gcn.eu/gcnGPlus
Twitter – http://gcn.eu/gcnTW
Leave us a comment below!