Lasty, Si, Matt and Dan went searching 🔎 for some lightweight bike tech at the 🇫🇷 Tour de France 🇫🇷 . They found some very impressive bits.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/hA
What is the coolest bit of kit we discover in this video? Let us know in the comments below 👇
The eagle eyed presenters have discovered some fantastic bits of lightweight technology on some bikes at the Tour de France, including:
– Trek Emonda Team Issue frameset, 635g!
– Look have a new lightweight climbing frame, weighing just 730g and some sections of the frame are just 0.6mm thick!
– Lasty discovered a carbon fibre chainring on Serge Pauwels Cervelo R5 bike.
– A new Argon 18 Gallium Pro as used by Fabio Aru in a custom colourway
– Chris Froome’s Pinarello F10 has a Shimano Di2 climbing shifter without the casing, making it even lighter, a custom yellow mount for his GPS and finally a carbon fibre number holder
– Adam Hansen is back with his crazy light shoes. 160g a pair, which is about half the weight of a pair of stock shoes.
If you’d like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here’s the link 👍 http://gcn.eu/hB
Watch more on GCN…
How To Pack For The Tour De France With Adam Hansen, ‘Mr Grand Tours’ 📹 http://gcn.eu/AHsuitcase
What Difference Do Motorbikes Make In Bike Races? | GCN Does Science 📹 http://gcn.eu/motos
Photos: © Bettiniphoto / http://www.bettiniphoto.net/ & ©Tim De Waele / http://www.tdwsport.com
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D’Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube’s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia:http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi’zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
YouTube Channel – http://gcn.eu/gcnYT
Facebook – http://gcn.eu/gcnFb
Google+ – http://gcn.eu/gcnGPlus
Twitter – http://gcn.eu/gcnTW
Leave us a comment below!