At some point every Mountain Biker will make these mistakes. Some of them are funny to look back on and some you need to avoid at all costs! Let us know which ones you’ve made in the comments below.
Subscribe to GMBN: http://gmbn.eu/subscribe
Get exclusive GMBN gear in the GMBN store! http://gmbn.eu/ss
Beginner, novice, newbie, whatever you call it, we’ve all been there to make mistakes. In fact, some of us still make them all the time.
– Number one, slipped pedal to shin.
The classic. On the scale of pain, this is a ten. We’ve all done it, the proof is on our shins.
– Number two, over tightening bolts.
– Just need to put my seat up, I’ll just tighten this up and then we’ll get going. Did you just round that bolt? You should know better not to overtighten bolts, man.
– Number three, forgetting your kit.
Alright, bike, helmet, snacks, pump. Oh no. Not my hiking boots…
– Number four, unscrewing your valve core when removing your pump.
– Number five, waiting for a mate. It’s a beautiful day, the trails are calling, and you arrange to meet your mate for a ride in the woods. But where is he?
– Number six. Don’t be that person that never fixes their bike.
What is that noise?
Oh I think it’s my bottom bracket. It’s getting a bit creaky.
We are going riding tomorrow.
Ah don’t worry, I’ll fix it tonight.
I can still hear that noise. Is it my bike?
It might still be mine….
– Number seven, the gear cruncher.
Hey Neil. I’ll race you to the top.
Let’s do it. Oh.
Tried to change gear under maximum power, the most common cause for a snapped chain.
No finesse. Like a monkey on a machine gun.
– Number eight. Here’s one mistake you’ll only make once. Smashing your knuckles when removing your pedals.
– Number nine, forgetting a vital piece of your bike.
Put You need quite a bit of kit to go for a mountain bike ride so it can be easy to forget something like an axle, pedals, water bottle, pump.
What about front wheel?
No one’s ever forgotten their wheel.
Oh yeah, obviously, yeah….
If you’d like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here’s the link 👍 http://gmbn.eu/sr
Watch more on GMBN…
Newbie MTB Mistakes: http://gmbn.eu/newbie 📹
Maintenance Mistakes: http://gmbn.eu/maintenancemistakes 📹
Click here to buy GMBN T-shirts, hoodies and more: http://gmbn.eu/ss
The Global Mountain Bike Network is the best MTB YouTube channel, with videos for everyone who loves dirt: from the full-faced helmet downhill mountain biker to the lycra-clad cross country rider along with everyone and anyone in between.
With the help of our pro and ex-pro riding team we’re here to inform, entertain and inspire you to become a better mountain biker, including videos on:
– How to ride faster with expert knowledge
– Fix everything with pro know-how
– Ride anything with world-cup winning skills
– Dial in your bike with bike set-up advice
– In-depth entertaining features
– Chat, opinion and interact with us on the Dirt Shed Show
Welcome to the Global Mountain Bike Network | Covering Every Angle
Thanks to our sponsors:
Canyon bikes: http://gmbn.eu/Canyon
SCOTT bikes: http://gmbn.eu/SCOTTbikes
crankbrothers pedals: http://gmbn.eu/crankbros
crankbrothers seatposts: http://gmbn.eu/8b
Six Six One Protection: http://gmbn.eu/sixsixone
POC helmets and eyewear: http://gmbn.eu/POCsports
Park Tool: http://gmbn.eu/ParkTool
YouTube Channel – http://gmbn.eu/GMBNsubs
Facebook – http://gmbn.eu/GMBNFB
Google+ – http://gmbn.eu/GMBNGplus
Twitter – http://gmbn.eu/GMBNTW
Instagram – http://gmbn.eu/GMBNIG
GMBN Shop – http://gmbn.eu/gmbnshop
Leave us a comment below!